Friday, June 15, 2007

Lines

this is an experiment using opening lines from some of Shakespeare's sonnets to make a new sonnet... click on each line to read the full text of one of his sonnets.

How heavy do I journey on the way;

How like a winter hath my absence been.

If thou survive my well-contented day,

Like as to make our appetites more keen.

Say that thou didst forsake me for some fault,

Poor soul, the centre of my sinful earth!

Take all my loves, my love, yea, take them all;

Alack, what poverty my Muse brings forth,

If there be nothing new, but that which is

Music to hear, why hear'st thou music sadly?

What potions have I drunk of Siren tears

When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see:

Lo! in the orient when the gracious light

O, from what power hast thou this powerful might?

No comments: